ALPFA (Association of Latino Professionals for America) was the first national Latino profssional association in the United States, establishd in Los Angeles in 1972. Throughout our 44-year history, we have experienced steady growth and demonstrated consistent value. ALPFA continues to build upon its proud legacy with a mission: To empower and develop Latino men and women as leaders of character for the nation, in every sector of the global economy.
ALPFA currently serves more than 72,000 professional and student members across the country - a number we plan to grow aggrsively to 100,000 within the next two years. In addition to networking and professional leadership development opportunities, our members have access to 50,000 paid summer internships through hundreds of Fortune 1000 corporate partners. We aspire to be the business partner of choice for companies seeking to hire and develop Latino talent.
We also promote a culture of philanthropy throughout the Latino community, encouraging our members to volunteer with, and engage on behalf of, local charities. We actively seek hands-on leadership building experiences for our members and to engage that considerable talent to make a measurable impact for national charitable organizations.
For more information, visit ALPFA's website at www.alpfa.org.
- Sign up for a new user account via Fluidreview to log-in. Please note your ALPFA username and password are not used to login for the scholarship application and you must register for a Fluidreview account on this page to log-in.
- Select which current scholarship program you would like to apply to in order to begin the process. Make sure you review all open scholarships as you may be eligible for more than one (i.e., ALPFA, APU, etc.)
- After completing your application and uploading all required documents, you must select "submit completed application" to finalize the process.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DATES:
- Application Period Opens - February 1, 2016
- Application Deadline - May 15, 2016 (Midnight PST)
- Enrollment Verification Forms (for final recipients) - September 15, 2016
- To ensure our emails reach your inbox, add email@example.com to your address book.
- ALPFA encourages all selected scholarship recipients to attend the ALPFA Annual Convention in Dallas, Texas (August 5-9). Visit the 2016 ALPFA Convention website for more details at convention.alpfa.org.
- If selected as a scholarship recipient, student must submit copy of Enrollment Verification Form verifying full-time status no later than September 15, 2016. If it is not received by the requested date or it does not reflect full-time status, the recipient will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- Applicants must be of Hispanic heritage
- Applicants must be basic or premium ALPFA members in good standing
- Applicants must be US citizens or legal permanent residents
- Applicants must possess a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Applicant must enroll full-time in a degree seeking program at a four year U.S. accredited college or university in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the Fall of 2016
- Applicants must be majoring in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, Information Technology, Management, Marketing, and other Business-related fields
- Applicants must be entering their Sophomore, Junior, Senior year of undergraduate study OR a Master's degree program for the 2016-2017 academic school year
- Open to community college students intending to transfer to a four-year college or university in fall 2016 as a Junior or Senior
- Must be eligible and apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
- Applicants must submit a resume. official transcript, and proof of full-time enrollment
- Scholarship Recipients will be notified by June 3, 2016
- Transcripts sent by mail or FAX will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to upload electronic copies of transcript(s)
- Uploaded transcripts may be viewed and re-uploaded. However, re-uploading a document will replace the original upload, and will not be permitted after the scholarship application deadline has passed.
Documents required at the time of application are the following:
- Official Academic Transcripts uploaded electronically (recently transferred college students with 12 credits or less must also submit the prior school’s transcript). If your university does not provide official electronic copies of your transcript, then you are required to request an official hard copy to scan/upload to your application.
- All documents must be submitted no later than Midnight PST by the application deadline.